Heads of Ayr Farm Park – approx 35 miles from Ballantrae
- A fabulous day out for children, with almost 50 different types of animal to meet, touch and feed, you could spend all day at the farm park. It’s packed with fantastic activities like indoor and outdoor play areas, an aerial runway, thrilling ringo sledging, tunnel land and the combine castle.
- See www.headsofayrfarmpark.co.uk or call 01292 441 210 for more details. Open Easter – October.
Turnberry Adventures – approx 18 miles from Ballantrae
- A 4* activity centre in the beautiful grounds of Turnberry Golf and Luxury Resort offers a wide range of activities for families, enthusiasts and novices alike.
- Choose from archery, 4×4 off-road driving, air rifles, quad bikes, water zorbing, highland games, clay pigeon shooting, falconry and GPS treasure hunts.
- See www.turnberryresort.co.uk/adventures-prices or call 0844 811 3790 for more information.
Dean Castle Country Park – approx 49 miles from Ballantrae
- With a pets corner, adventure playground and woodland walks the Country Park will have plenty to keep you amused.
- See www.deancastle.com or call 01563 554 734 for more details. Open all year round.
Pirate Pete’s – approx 34 miles from Ballantrae
- Scotland’s biggest indoor adventure play area and outdoor fun park. Plenty to keep children amused.
- See www.piratepetes.co.uk or call 01292 265 300 for more details. Open all year round, children under 12.
Shanter Riding Centre – approx 19 miles from Ballantrae
- Fancy a hack along the beach or a ride through the countryside then head to Shanter Riding Centre.
- See www.shanter.co.uk or call 01655 331 636 for more details.
Pinbraid Fishery – approx 7 miles from Ballantrae
- A wonderful place for children to learn to fish as they are more than likely to catch something!
- See www.pinbraidfishery.co.uk or call 07810 778 534 to arrange tuition.
Craft Daft – approx 34 miles from Ballantrae
- A drop-in craft activity studio for all ages. Try ceramic painting, glass painting, silk painting or turn your hand to the potter’s wheel.
- See www.craft-daft.co.uk or call 01292 280 844 for more details.
Ryan Leisure Centre – approx 18 miles from Ballantrae
- Great fun to be had at the leisure centre with its large pool and water slides.
- See www.stranraer.org/ryancentre or call 01776 703 535 for more details.
Culzean Castle and Country Park – approx 23 miles from Ballantrae
- A fantastic adventure playground can be found in the southern part of the park next to the Swan Pond.
- See www.culzeanexperience.org for more details. Open daily from April-October and open weekends in other months.
Ayr Equestrian Centre – approx 32 miles from Ballantrae
- Head to Ayr Equestrian Centre where you’ll be able to learn to ride, improve with a lesson, go for a gentle hack or head out for a gallop on the beach.
- See www.ayrequestrian.co.uk or call 01292 610 323 for more details.
Cream O’Galloway – approx 60 miles from Ballantrae
- Go on a farm tour, exhaust yourselves in the adventure playground, try out the ‘flying fox’, join in a wildlife event or hire a bike and explore the bike tracks but make sure you taste some of the delicious ice cream.
- See www.creamogalloway.co.uk or call 01557 814 040 for more details.