If you want to venture further afield then the following would make a good day trip or might be worth considering on your journey to and from Ballantrae.
Isle of Arran
- Arran is a beautiful island and it would be easy to spend a day wandering around Brodick Castle & Country Park, you can see 600 years of history and gaze out over Brodick Bay to the stunning Ayrshire coast. Arran is also renowned for its food and drink and you could visit the Torrylinn Creamery to see some award-winning cheese being made.
- See www.ayrshire-arran.com for more details.
Isle of Cumbrae
- Take the ferry and spend a day on the Isle of Cumbrae, a fabulous place for spotting wildlife. You can walk the Sensory Trail around the 11 miles coastline.
- See www.cumbraesensorytrail.com for more details.
- A fantastic and cultural day out could be had in Glasgow. There’s the world famous Burrell Collection, the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum as well as the Science Centre and Planetarium to keep the younger ones happy.
- See www.visitscotland.com/glasgow for more details.
- There is plenty to keep you amused in Edinburgh, from wonderful museums and galleries, to excellent shopping, fantastic food and great parks, there will be something for everyone.
- See www.edinburgh.org for more details.